Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Random Ramblings, Vol. 3

If you're going to record a fight and put it on WorldStar, you may want to flip your camera horizontally. Why this is still an issue is beyond me, but it shows how stupid most of these kids are. Some of them get it right, but if you really want to take in the entire scene, you have to record things in a horizontal view.

Note how I said camera just now? Do people even use cameras anymore? Have phones really become that multi-functional that cameras and camcorders have become obsolete? I know pads and these other large flat rectangles can play TV shows, and then there's mobile gaming(which is shit), but overall, it's a bit jarring how a device that's supposed to used for contacting people can now film an inauguration or a State of the Union Address.
This picture explains itself.

I despised the radio station at my old job. The same songs over and over again. The same generic song by some 20-something year old who only had one hit in her entire life, the same two Barry White songs, my grandmother adored him, she'd blow a gasket, the usual songs you'd hear in movie trailers, being played over and over and over again, sometimes twice in one shift. And on the note of movies, I hate Let's Get it On by Marvin Gaye. A simple love song run into the ground by Hollywood and every other corporation trying to push their products out. Even worse when a 3D movie uses that song and cuts to that silence where the joke is told...

Next point, 'cause now I'm getting pissed off. I hate when commercials for TV shows do that brief silence. It's annoying, it's overused and it's a subtle way tell you you're supposed to laugh at this scene due to the lack of music.

Back to that song, it's a shame Gaye couldn't be alive to collect the money his estate makes from the unimaginative swill that gets the rights to that song. He'd be a billionaire.

Today's toys don't seem like they're worth the price. They were grossly expensive back then, but those toys had some durability to them. Maybe I'm just an adult, but they don't seem exciting, and there seems to be a streamlined effect to what's actually out now compared to back in the 90's. Made more apparent with the constant amount of toys donated to the Goodwill I worked at. Granted, you had cheap toys back in my day, but the toys that were of quality at least were worth flaunting around. And I actually looked up something on today's toys and got a bunch of links relating to the San Bernardino attacks? What???


On that note, I hate this. If I look up something like say, an animal or a fruit, why I am getting movie results instead of the actual fruit or animal? If I type in Bumblebee, I don't want the damn Transformer. If I need some pictures of an animal, I don't want a superhero named after it. I shouldn't have to put in parenthesis to explicitly state I want the insect. Pop culture is a terrible trend and it's a shame you can't search for something you want without that idiotic suggestion tab showing some bullshit meme or YouTube celebrity or cartoon. I'm a simple man who isn't easily distracted by nonsensical swill.

I never watched Let's Plays. Only one or two if I really liked them.

So, how was your Valentine's Day? To the men, I mean? Did you buy your significant other something nice? I hope it wasn't expensive. Did SHE give YOU anything nice, and was it expensive? If no, you're an idiot if you got her a diamond ring or a new car. If she can't give you a nice present, but you're expected to give her something flashy and wallet-killing, that's wrong on all accounts. I've seen this on too many sitcoms, the husband/boyfriend gets a homemade gift, but he's expected to buy his wife/girlfriend a diamond necklace, or a fucking car and if he doesn't, he's scorned for it. Why?! What reason is there for the man to waste his funds on some stupid ring? A car at least has a lifetime warranty, but a ring? A necklace???

These women are crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment