Sunday, July 14, 2013

How I became slim, fit and healthy Part III: The Pokéwalker

On August, I purchased a game. It was Pokémon SoulSilver Version.  In it was a little pedometer called the Pokéwalker. You can transfer your Pokémon from the game to it and take it for walks, similar to a Tamagatchi or virtual pet. The walker keeps count of how many steps you take and your Pokémon often gives you gifts while it happens. I was enticed by it, moving around and seeing my progress day by day. Eventually I moved around the area, trying to get some more progress in the Pokéwalker. It was pretty enriching for me, as I saw a lot of things and places. I love animals and nature and I'd often take a gander at the flower bushes in Forsyth Park and even encountered birds like Cardinals and Blue Jays.

I only moved around the park and then around the area near it, coming back home. I would do this often, and I noticed I lost more weight. Seeing this, I would expand my tumult to downtown and River Street. I would do this after I got my first job. I would get 10,000 steps in on average, maybe more. Most I got was 44,400+. When you get in ten million steps, you no longer can register any more steps for your max total but still can keep a look on your weekly tumult. I don't use it anymore but I keep as a memento for starting me off on the path to fitness and health. I give a big thanks to the minds at Game Freak for developing the device. They're by far my favorite video game developer and I look forward to Pokémon X & Y in October.

Next up: Learning how to build muscle in place of the fat that I used to harness.

No comments:

Post a Comment