Friday, July 19, 2013

How I became slim, fit and healthy Part IV: Calisthenics and the like

I was already doing great with sit-ups but I needed to do more. I attempted to do push-ups and at first they were hard to do. I managed only twenty-ish before I would tire out. At some point I reached maybe thirty-ish before I stopped doing them altogether. Laziness, you are truly a thorn in my side...

But moving on, I started to do them again. Making small progress within each set. I made it a rule to do some every morning to give myself some bloodflow to get through the day, especially if I had to work that day. Funny enough, if I were at work cleaning bathrooms, I would try to sneak some in. Around twenty to avoid detection. If it was at night or early morning, I'd try for thirty. I remember being able to do forty around Christmas of 2011. It was that slow. I would then try to do less in sets. Around ten sets of ten or fifteen if I could muster up the strength. It was stimulating to say the least. At some time, I'd get lazy, but not too lazy that I wouldn't do any at all. After all, sleep is the most important thing to benefit a developing body, no?

However, after being healthy over a year, I caught a nasty cold and had to put my training on hold. It was horrid. When I got better, I couldn't reach forty push-ups anymore. It hit me hard. But again, there were other ways to exercise. In addition to push-ups, I would attempt jumping jacks and some yoga exercises my gym teacher taught me in 11th grade. I loved her. She was an amazing teacher and I still do said exercises to this day. Jumping jacks were easy and efficient to do in the bathroom. Once I managed a thousand and ten(Had to add some to break the even number). I've yet to do so again, but I think I got it in me moreso now.

There's still a lot for me to do and achieve but I think by another three years, I can look more polished than I am now. I've only just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment