Saturday, December 7, 2013

Time to vent: My own views on the world and people: Black Friday

I've recently only realized what Black Friday truly is. It's not a day where you can buy retail products for 50% off.

It's a bloodbath.

What the fuck is wrong with people? Why are people breaking each other's necks over some products? I've heard stories where people were trampled and shoved aside by other people looking to buy a DVD player or whatever else and some people died in the midst of it all. If they weren't trampled, they were straight up murdered for their merchandise.

And the videos. The videos are even worse. I'm not sure if this was relevant to Black Friday, but when the Playstation 3 launched, it was 600 USD. I couldn't believe it. I knew people were going to buy it but a news report showed people going berserk over it, the cops having to monitor the crowd before the store opened. And they still bombarded through them. Some cases of people having their PS3's stolen at gunpoint or knifepoint even popped up at school. The console was released in November though, so maybe some PS3's were available for a reduced price. It's still idiotic the way people reacted in general.

And going back to Black Friday, why do we do these things? Why is it worth your health and your life even to go ballistic over something for a reduced price? Has consumerism vicegriped us to that point where we have to buy something because it's at a reduced price? I can understand if it weren't for the mob mentality that's present in our society. I went shopping with my mother in Best Buy two years ago on a Black Friday. It was crowded, but civil. Why that couldn't happen in the videos I see from time to time is beyond me. I'm actually embarrassed to be an American when I see stuff like that. We criticize other cultures for using urine for rituals for coming of age ceremonies but we'll go ahead and act like rabid dogs over a plasma TV being 60% off. I don't give a shit about consumerism. I buy things like everyone else but I don't let it control me. I always let the price drop or save enough money for something if the price doesn't go down. Act like adults and set an example. Going to a Black Friday sale? Act civil. Bring your manners with you instead of throwing them in the car trunk. Go to a store and act like a human. If you see yourself as being above those African tribesman who eat out cow gooch(which is funny considering that urine is used for a LOT of convenient methods, but again the average American is stupid going by those store riots)then act like it.

I'm still baffled by what goes on with Black Friday. I can't believe shit like that happens in this day and age. But then again, what can you expect? The land of the free and home of the brave indeed. You'd have to be brave to go shopping during Black Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment