Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I Hate People Part III

Continuing my personal tale of misanthropy, I had gained friends and friendships. However, due to my grandmother's death in 2005, she left us some property. Two years later, it was settled that we were moving down to Georgia to tend to it. After school ended in 2008, I was slated to leave. I spent one good day with my friends, doing stuff and acknowledging their company. It was a good feeling. A feeling I haven't felt since. July of 2008, I left New York without even a single goodbye. Mom was already sad having to leave her friends as well, but at least she was able to call them. I thought too much about New York and the elements I grew up around. I had relatives and all that down south but I was a donkey in a horserace. I felt out of touch. Going forward to senior year, it was a new experience. My last year in school and it wasn't with the people who I started high school with. Everyone spoke considerably worse English, everyone else on average was different than what I usually dealt with, it was a shock. Now that doesn't mean that everyone was bad, but I didn't gain any friends, period. Take the time to think about that one.

Now, for my last year, I didn't really argue with people. I was pretty much to myself. If anyone came to me, it was peacefully, mostly. Questions were asked, but I didn't feel threatened. The only time I dealt with pains in the ass were with freshmen and those little tarts aren't worth losing your attendance over(and in this new environment, your life). Otherwise, it was a mixed bag. One thing I took wind of was the amount of pregnancies I saw. Three times the amount I saw in my old school. This made me reconsider wanting to take the initiative. What I would see later on in life would be one of the main reasons I hate modern society. But let's keep it chronologically in order. There were some like-minded people that shared my interests, but they were a little young. I had to keep some distance. My shell that I was slowly coming out of was shut tight again. And I'll just say this: Compared to what I encountered in New York, what I saw in Georgia and Savannah High were three steps below. Poverty-ridden students, pregnant girls all over, it was a mess. And the attitudes were slightly worse. I went through a literal culture shock. It didn't help that I got sick in graduation. That sullied my last year in high school, which was done for to begin with.

Now, upon being able to heal, I was pissed off. Not a friend to connect with, not a prom to go to, nothing memorable save for three teachers who were awesome. I didn't like my last year. I look back and realize I could have gotten some long-lasting relationships, maybe went to my prom, possibly gotten a high school fling and the like. But nope. We moved for property that we had to give up anyway. And I later found out we could have stayed in NY and be somewhat better off than we are now.

Isn't life grand? You never know what it'll throw at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment